- Sunflower Grow Kit$6.99
Our Sunflower Microgreen Grow kits meet Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and are greats for classroom projects, science fair projects, home school students, and other educational projects.
The Sunflower Grow Kit lets you grow sunflower microgreens at home in your window sill or kitchen. Grow medium, seeds, container, drip tray, and instructions are all included. The grow kit is also fully biodegradable and ecofriendly! The container, baggies, and drip tray are made from biodegradable plant-based materials and the instruction card is recycled paper filled with wildflower seeds that you can soak and plant when you’re done with it.
- GROW MICROGREENS AT HOME with our easy-to-follow instructions
- SUNFLOWER MICROGREENS are a tasty gourmet delicacy for salads, sandwiches, and garnishes
- MICROGREENS contain noticably larger quantities of phytochemicals as well as Vitamin A, E, C, and K
- ZERO WASTE from this fully biodegradable and ecofriendly kit
- A GOOD EDUCATIONAL TOOL for teaching students about plant growth and sustainability
- Learn and Grow Sustainably$7.99
This lesson plan is designed for the GreenSpace Sunflower Grow Kit.
The purpose of Learn and Grow Sustainably is to teach students of all ages to appreciate the interaction between humans, plants, and the environment. Our Sunflower Grow Kit is fully compostable and allows students to witness the growth of an edible food product within 10 days. This lesson plan series will help students to learn about plant growth, nutrition, and physiology as well as a little bit of materials science through experiments on our kit’s compostable plastic container. These topics are important for fostering a sense of environmental stewardship for a more sustainable future.
The activities in this two part lesson series are optimized for grades 3-5 and are aligned with the Net Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for that grade band. This lesson can also be adapted to suit K-2, Middle School, High School, and Adult Education by aligning the lessons to similar standards at different grade levels.Learn More