These are the farmer’s markets where you can find us this summer! We can’t wait to see you out there.
Hello out there! We hope you’re having a lovely day. Here’s what’s new at GreenSpace for this Spring.
- GreenSpace is building up our hydroponics and aquaponics systems, and will soon be producing lettuce for the market season in Pennsylvania and raising tilapia for research in our Delaware facility. We will be ramping up our research collaboration with University of Arkansas.
- Herbs and edible flowers are on the horizon. Please email us if you’re a restaurant interested in those products and make your special request! We will tailor our setup with you in mind. We’ve had requests for mint and violets.
- We recently began our vermacomposting endeavor, thanks to the tower from Uncle Jim’s Worm Farm! The 2,000 new roommates moved in a few weeks ago and are happily munching away on organics.
- There will be updates to our pricing and menu for Spring and Summer, so stay tuned for those updates.
- We are making appearances at school science expos around the region, and would love to see you and your family there. Come taste a sample of popcorn and sunflower microgreens, make a grow kit, see our lighting demonstration, and talk to us about our lesson plan workbook that we’ll be publishing in April 2017 through Habitable Press.
Phew! That’s all for now. Thank you so much for your business and your support while we grow and grow, just like our plants.
All the best,
The GreenSpace Team
The summer farmers’ markets may be over, but GreenSpace is still in production. Our plans for the colder months will keep you stocked up on the microgreens, salads, and wheatgrass you love all season long.
News and Updates
- Our online store is open for business!
- You can now subscribe to 3 months of microgreens, shipped to your front door.
- Our Sunflower Microgreen Grow Kits are available on our store, singles, 5 packs, and 10 packs.
- Coming soon – Sunflower Microgreen Grow Kit lesson plans for teachers that are Next Gen Science Standards compliant!
Research & Development
GreenSpace is excited to announce that it will be opening an indoor aquaponics facility in Clayton, Delaware in collaboration with the Ceballos Lab at University of Arkansas Department of Biology. Aquaponics is a portmaneau of the words “hydroponics” and “aquaculture.” Fish and plants grow in a closed loop system that simulates the nutrient cycling of natural environments, where the fish waste provides fertilizer for the plants and the plants cleanse the water for the fish. We will be producing Blue Tilapia, buttercrunch lettuce, and Chlorella, and construction is scheduled to begin sometime in February.
In addition to aquaponics, our Tyrone, PA facility will be starting a production scale hydroponic system with plans to grow lettuce, herbs, and edible flowers. Construction of this system should begin in February 2017 as well.