We are committed to growing our produce and developing our permaculture system in a manner that reflects our environmental values. Through each tray of greens we plant, we strive toward realization of our broader goals:
- Improving the human condition on Earth.
- Facilitating the synergy of technology with the environment.
- Advancing and preserving international awareness of our planet, its resources, and its people.
Our “code of ethics” represents our effort to articulate the practical principles that guide our permaculture and business toward a better and more sustainable future. This code is a work in progress that we build upon as we learn more about agriculture and ourselves.
- We strive to consume more waste than we generate.
- We strive to extend the useful life cycle of nondurable goods.
- We strive to understand the chemical and nutritional composition of our products.
- We strive to manage our water as a precious resource.
- We strive to increase the contribution of renewable energy sources to the electric power grid.
- We strive to optimize our activities to honor the people and systems that compose our community, nation, and planet.
Last updated: 16 March 2015